Wyatt Kalynuk was named the College of Wisconsin men’s hockey most precious participant at the team’s banquet Sunday.
The sophomore defenseman is tied for the crew direct with 23 factors as the Badgers enter the Large 10 Meeting match with a quarterfinal series at Penn Point out starting off Friday.
The Philadelphia Flyers draft decide took dwelling the Spike Carlson/Chris Chelios Most Worthwhile Participant award a working day following the Badgers done a series sweep of Michigan at the Kohl Heart with a 2nd straight time beyond regulation victory.
UW handed out 10 other awards at Sunday’s banquet:
• The WHA-Tv set Jim Santulli 7th Gentleman award to senior defenseman Peter Tischke.
• The Suter Family members Unsung Hero award to sophomore center Tarek Baker.
• The Fenton Kelsey Jr./Mike Richter Most Aggressive Award to sophomore defenseman Tyler Inamoto.
• The Dr. Joseph Coyne/Joe Pavelski Most Consistent award to freshman defenseman Ty Emberson.
• Ivan B. Williamson Scholastic Award was shared by Emberson and freshman center Mick Messner.
• The Otto Breitenbach/Curtis Joseph award for most improved participant to freshman appropriate wing Jack Gorniak.
• The Mark Johnson Rookie of the Calendar year award to defenseman K’Andre Miller.
• The Jeff Sauer Award to senior defenseman Jake Bunz for becoming the team’s “terrific man.”
• The Mel Ross Distinguished Company Award to UW director of growth Keith May possibly.
• The Gramps O’Sheridan Award for extraordinary support to the hockey plan to very long-time academic adviser Mary Weever-Klees.