The No. 4 Virginia Cavaliers took home the Battle 4 Atlantis title in the Bahamas on Friday with a 53-46 win over the No. 25 Wisconsin Badgers.
De’Andre Hunter led UVA in scoring with 20 points and led the team in rebounding with nine.
Ty Jerome also scored in double-figures, finishing with 11 points, five assists, four rebounds, and three steals.
In his first career start, freshman Kihei Clark had five points, five rebounds, two assists, and three steals in the victory.
Check out the game highlights courtesy of CBS Sports and game notes courtesy of VirginiaSports below:
• The Cavaliers have captured six consecutive Thanksgiving holiday tournaments (Battle 4 Atlantis, NIT Season Tip-Off, Emerald Coast Classic, Charleston Classic, Barclays Center Classic and Corpus Christi Challenge).
• Virginia has started 6-0 for the third straight year
• UVA has a nation-leading 24-game November winning streak dating back to the 2015-16 season
• UVA is 120-35 all-time in non-conference play under Tony Bennett
• UVA is 4-2 all-time vs. Wisconsin
• UVA led 33-18 at the half, marking a season-low for points allowed in the opening 20 minutes
• UVA held its fourth opponent to fewer than 20 points in the first half
• The Cavaliers are 1-0 vs. ranked opponents
• UVA (5 turnovers) has committed five of fewer turnovers in three games
• UVA has limited three opponents to fewer than 50 points and is 79-2 when achieving the mark under Tony Bennett
• Double-figure scorers: De’Andre Hunter (20), Ty Jerome (11)
• Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament MVP De’Andre Hunter averaged 19.3 points, 7.7 rebounds and 3.3 assists in three games
• Ty Jerome joined Hunter on the all-tournament team
• Kihei Clark had five points, five rebounds, season-high three steals and two assists in his first career start